- Despite the emergence of blinds, the traditional curtain is still the most popular screening method for UK homeowners, and for good reason, when you consider that curtains are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. You could visit a department store and choose some off-the-shelf curtains, yet this almost always ends up with a less than perfect fit, and by contacting a local supplier of hand-made curtains in Stratford-Upon-Avon, you can relax in the comfort of your own home and discuss the many design options with an expert.
Table of Contents
Curtain Heading Styles
The range of curtain heading styles includes the following:
- Rod Pocket – The most basic style, the rod pocket involves creating a loop that the rod or pole runs through.
- Curtain Rings – Brass rings run through a pole that allows for easy removal.
- Tab Top – A row of cloth tabs are fitted to the top, which can be either the same or contrasting material.
- Pencil Pleat – An elegant design, the pencil pleat uses tight folds, hence the name pencil pleats.
- Goblet Pleat – This style really does work with a Victorian setting, especially in a room with high ceilings.
It is essential that your curtains are made to measure, as every window is unique, and with an expert to help you decide on the best colours and designs, you can create the ideal shading that will give you many years of trouble-free use. If you would like to make contact with a local curtain maker, a Google search is the best way forward, and the curtain maker would be happy to pay you a home visit.