Choosing a Feng Shui-compliant home interior design is always advised. It attracts more positive energy to your home. Even if you cannot make your entire home Feng Shui compliant, there are a few areas that require special attention. One of these areas is the front door of your home. Popularly, it is known as the mouth of qi also. Since your front door is the main entrance, you must ensure that the space receives positive qi. This will attract more positive qi and create a better environment for the people living in the home. Also, making your front entrance Feng Shui compliant is not very difficult. You have to take into account a few small factors and remove everything that might block the positive energy.
If the staircase in your home interior design is located opposite your front door and facing it, making your front door Feng Shui compliant is a little difficult. Stairs in the living room or dining room are mainly preferred. This is because the stairs make the energy flow quickly in and out of the front door. As a result, your finances and other resources can get diminished. According to Feng Shui, a staircase design represents ups and downs. This is considered disruptive. If your home interior design has a staircase in front of the main entrance, the energy throughout your house can get imbalanced.
Table of Contents
What are the things you have to watch out for when the staircase is facing your front door?
There are certain things you should look for when you do not position the stairs in the living room or dining room but facing the front door. Although you do not have to follow them strictly, it is always better to take them into account. For instance, the stairs should not be the first thing you see after entering your home. Keeping it directly in line with the door is considered bad. However, you do not have to worry about it if the staircase is located at least 10 feet away from the front door. Moreover, the staircase height should be less than twice the height of the tallest occupant. These are not the only factors that require your attention. You should also avoid having a small and narrow entry. Similarly, tall and narrow stairways are not considered good for Feng Shui. If you do not take care of these situations, they might prevent positive energy from entering your home.
When do you not have to pay attention to the staircase facing your entrance?
Having a staircase in front of your main entrance is not always a problem. You do not have to worry about it under certain circumstances. For instance, when you have a large entryway that is bright, airy, and open, you can ignore the stairway position. In case a bright lighting fixture is installed in front of your main entrance and stairway, you do not have to worry about making any changes as well. This is because these conditions ensure that sufficient positive energy enters indoors.
What can you do if the Staircase is facing the front door?
There are a few small things you can do to ensure that sufficient positive energy enters indoors even if the staircase is located in front of the main entrance. For instance, making a few small changes to your entryway and giving it a more expansive and open look can help to get rid of the problem. You do not have to make a lot of changes. Just ensure that the space feels large and open when you enter your home. If it feels tight and cramped, you might have to work on the space. To determine if it needs improvement, consider factors like your abundance of wealth and resources. If they feel depleted, you should focus on bringing more positive energy into your home. Once you make the necessary changes, you will be able to feel the changes around you happening very quickly.
Here are a few simple ways that will help you to correct the imbalances due to your staircase location and ensure that positive energy enters your home:
- If you want to lift the qi in your home, you can get a Feng Shui crystal ball and hang it between your staircase and entryway.
- If you have free space, hang a mirror at the top of the stairs. Make sure that it is facing the front door. This will help to make the space appear larger.
- Get a rug and place it at the foot of your staircase. This will slow down the qi and make the area more positive. Experts suggest choosing a round area rug instead of a rectangular one because the round shape encourages the qi to circulate in your home.
- Just like a round rug can make the qi circulate, other round elements can do the same. Consider adding a round table in your hallway so that it makes the qi circulate in your home. However, make sure that it is not very large. The space should not appear cluttered.
- Put a small console table against a wall in the entryway. Either choose one with a mirror or keep decorative pieces on it. As a result, the staircase design will not be in focus and the qi will move around in your house.