Drain Problems – Do I Need to Contact a Qualified Contractor?


All homes face some sort of plumbing or drain problems at some point, it’s just part and parcel of owning or renting a property. Whether it’s a clogged toilet, slow running taps or leaking in the kitchen sink, you must know who to call to resolve the problem. You must be careful when calling a contractor, some only deal with plumbing and other with drains, while some companies specialise in both. If you are looking for a skilled drain unblocker in Swindon, make sure they can handle all sorts of drainage issues.

Here are some questions to ask them before they arrive at your home.

  • Do they hold any accreditation from a recognised body?
  • Do they specialise in drainage issue?
  • How long have they been in operation?
  • How much do they charge for call outs?
  • Are their staff fully qualified?

An experienced drainage team can deal with blockages, repairs and sewer pipe problems. Here are some common issues a drainage contractor will fix.

Clogged Drains

Blocked drains are usually caused by items such as sanitary pads or grease being flushed down the toilet or sink. A drain contractor will inspect the problem and then take steps to clear the blockage.

Blocked Sewers

Having a blocked sewer can be a major issue, if you don’t get it fixed, the problem can spread from your house to your neighbours.

Dirty Drains

A specialist will offer pressure jetting services, this is a great way to clean away dirt and debris from your drains.

Leave A Reply