Do you have an uneven surface in your garage that you want to fix? Have you been putting off the repair on your concrete garage slab? Perhaps it’s time for you to concrete level your garage.
What is concrete leveling?
Concrete leveling is the process of repairing concrete slabs by raising them to an even height. This is a common problem with concrete slabs, as they can often settle and become uneven over time. There are a few reasons why you might want to level your concrete garage slab. One reason is so that you can have a level surface to park your car on. Another reason is that an uneven concrete slab can be a safety hazard, as people can trip on it.
There are a few different methods that can be used to level concrete slabs. One popular method is to use concrete leveling compound. This compound is a type of concrete adhesive that is poured over the concrete slab. It will fill in any cracks or gaps in the concrete and will make the surface level. Another popular method is to use concrete leveling pads. These are thin pads that are placed over the concrete slab. They will lift the slab up and make it level.
Steps to concrete level a garage:
Concrete leveling a garage can be a daunting task, especially if you have never done it before. However, if you follow these simple steps, you can concrete level your garage in no time.
- Remove any debris from the concrete surface. This includes dirt, rocks, and other objects that may interfere with the leveling process.
- Apply a concrete patch to any cracks or holes in the surface. This will help create a smooth surface for the leveling compound to adhere to.
- Pour a layer of concrete leveling compound over the entire concrete surface. Be sure to spread it evenly and work it into all the cracks and holes.
- Let the leveling compound dry completely. This may take a few hours or a day or two, depending on the weather and the type of compound used.
- Apply a second layer of concrete leveling compound, if necessary. If the first layer doesn’t create a perfectly level surface, apply a second layer to get the desired results.
- Let the leveling compound dry completely.
- Apply a sealant to the concrete surface. This will protect it from staining and damage over time.
Can I do concrete leveling on my own?
You can do concrete leveling on your own, but it may be tricky if you’re not familiar with the process. Sometimes you end up with a level surface, and sometimes you don’t. If you’re not confident in your abilities, it may be best to hire a professional concrete leveling company to do the job for you.
Where to find professionals who do concrete leveling?
There are many professional concrete leveling companies in Salt Lake City out there. You can typically find them by doing a quick online search or asking around for referrals. Be sure to compare quotes and reviews before choosing a company.