Thinking of placing a wood floor in your new house?
You can never go wrong with a wooden floor.
Believe it or not, though it is one of the ancient flooring materials out there, it still remains one the wisest choice. No matter if you are a fan of a la mode décor or your style is eclectic or classic; a hardwood surface has the potential to complement your décor and add a touch of sheer elegance to your home.
Nevertheless, choosing the perfect floor that best fits your space and DIY abilities is a lot easier said than done. The market is flooded with premium options, and more often than not, we fall for false gimmicks and end up selecting one that proves to be a huge waste of our investment.
So, if you are one of those who are striving to make your choice, we have good news for you—no need to look far and wide. You can avail of significant information and find wooden floors here. We have enlisted some of the best wood flooring options you’ll find in the market.
Thus, without any further delay, let’s get started.
2 Strip Hardwood Flooring:
Scouring the internet frantically to find information on all strip wooden floors? Well, here we are to help you with your overwhelming journey. Now, the term strip-wood flooring refers to the number of wood strips in a row in the width of a floorboard.
The 2 strip hardwood floors, as the name implies, incorporates two strips per board that is laid in a staggered pattern. Combined with all the unique strips, this pattern can add a certain personality and vibrancy to the floors of your house.
Wide Plank Flooring:
The term wide plank flooring is used to define flooring that is larger than the standard plank width of 120 to 150mm. Available in both engineered as well as solid wood floor options, this type is one of the most stylish and sought after flooring choices, especially for modern interiors.
Coming in three different grades- oak, dark ash, and black oak- the wide plank flooring defines a class and style that can add value to any of your rooms.
Did you know that Romans used the herringbone patterns first on their roads before it became one of the most famous flooring designs in the world?
The herringbone timber flooring is a kind of parquetry that broadly refers to any hardwood floors laid in a pattern. These kinds of floors are usually designed using narrow or wide planks. The wide planks are apt for contemporary interiors, while the narrow blocks fit in with the urban or industrial design schemes. Often the colors can also be used alternatively to provide a rich look to the voguish décor plans.
This type of flooring emerged as early as the 17th century in France. Popularly associated with the Grand Trianon and Versailles, this kind of wood flooring is created with small blocks or wood strips that are laid together to form a regular and geometric pattern.
Often referred to as the mosaic floors, this kind of flooring has earned huge popularity and recognition, thanks to its decorative effect. One of the major advantages of such kind of flooring is that it is made of solid hardwood, therefore, extremely versatile and durable.
Hardwood Flooring: Pros and Cons You Should Know:
Now, that you are acquainted with all types of hardwood flooring out there, you must be thinking of weighing your options. Therefore, to aid you, we have provided essential pros and cons of hardwood flooring that will help you in making a sound decision.
Have a look
- Hardwood floors are extremely durable and have proved to stand the test of time. Initially, they might seem like a huge investment, but you won’t have to replace them every 10 or 20 years like others. It also provides a good return on investment, as the value of a perfect wood flooring only continues to increase with time.
- Inwood flooring, you get to choose from a vast sea of options. This means you get to select one as per your availability and budget.
- Hardwood floors are also easy to clean and maintain. While stains and spills on a light-colored carpet can prove to be a recipe for disaster, on a hardwood floor, you simply can’t swipe them away.
- One of the major disadvantages of hardwood floors is that they are highly vulnerable to humidity and moisture. Even the minutest amount of moisture can deteriorate the condition of the wood.
- Such kind of flooring is an extremely expensive option.
- Hardwood flooring can also be extremely noisy. When you walk on it, with leather shoes and boots, it produces loud sounds that can irritate your neighbors.
We have tried our best in helping you to find wooden floors here in our comprehensive guide. Next time you have two minds about which kind of flooring to opt for, have a look at this guide, understand the different types of wooden floors, and weigh the pros and cons before you go for your floor shopping. Make sure to choose the best one for your location, budget, and décor.